Nanobiosym is an innovative nanotechnology company in Cambridge, MA that is developing point-of-care diagnostics to address a broad range of diseases. Nanobiosym was founded by an MIT/Harvard alum to work at the interface of physics, nanotechnology, and biomedicine.
This hypergrowth company allows for unique career opportunities with strong long-term incentives. Nanobiosym is currently seeking top notch candidates to help the company scale up its operations.
The Chief of Staff will report directly to the Chairman and CEO of Nanobiosym. This strategic position focuses on ensuring that the organization is being run smoothly and effectively. Being effective in this role requires a natural aptitude for building strong, trusting partnerships across the organization. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for handling internal communications as well as representing the CEO to all manner of external parties including but not limited to clients, collaborators, and new business leads. This position requires a hands-on, self-motivated, smart and emotionally intelligent individual who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment within a complex and fast-changing industry. This person anticipates needs and demands and works to provide logical, innovative, and creative solutions without explicit instruction. S/he will be expected to communicate changes in prioritization and decision-making efficiently, and be capable of carrying out multiple projects while effectively prioritizing tasks according to the needs of the CEO and the organization.
- Provide a strategic sounding board to the CEO to ensure that goals and objective are being achieved, and that priorities are being communicated effectively
- Serve as primary liaison for internal and external communications
- Actively enable the efficiency of business operations from behind the scenes.
- Ensure that long-term projects are executed in an efficient, cost-effective and diligent manner
- Interact with internal staff members to conduct and oversee preparation of briefing materials for the CEO
- Create executive summaries and brief the CEO daily on specific issues and projects
- Manage extensive travel and meeting schedule for the CEO and office, including transportation, accommodations and speech preparation, and other such needs as they arise
- Organize meetings, conferences, and receptions: invite the participants, schedule the facilities, negotiate with vendors and ensure the appropriate materials are in place
- Be on call 24/7
- Maintain heavy correspondence on behalf of CEO
- Create and maintain several long-term relationships on behalf of the CEO
- Manage and maintain public relations with national and international media streams
- Compose and manage correspondence dealing with issues or subject matter that is highly sensitive and confidential
- Minimum of 15 years of experience
- Graduate degree preferred
- Background in operations, administration, or an startup environment is preferred
- Developed negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability
- Willingness to work hard and take direction and also anticipate problems and their solutions without explicit guidance
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and content materials with a nuanced understanding of industry-specific subject matter, company standards, and procedural guidelines
- The ability to work well under tight deadlines and to respond to rapidly changing demands
- You resonate with Nanobiosym's mission
- You are results and deadline driven
- You work well under high pressure situations
- You are resourceful , flexible, tactful, and persistent
- You have positive energy, a sense of humor, and a can-do attitude
- You have a strong work ethic and love working in an entrepreneurial environment
- You have high ethical standards, are highly trustworthy and loyal
- You are a person of high integrity
- You are comfortable dealing with and handling highly confidential information
Sign Up For Job Alerts!