- Are you passionate about performing and validating assays?
- Do you have experience in qPCR, RT-PCR and sequencing?
- Can you imagine yourself at a Cambridge, MA company that is on the cusp of rewriting the rules of personalized medicine, mobile diagnostics, and healthcare delivery?
We have a great opportunity for a conscientious and eager research associate to contribute to our assay development factory. This individual will be tasked with performance and optimization efforts of molecular assays under the guidance of Senior Scientists at Nanobiosym.
A Typical Day:
- Perform and contribute to various types of diagnostic assay development and validation in all aspects ex, qPCR, RT-PCR and sequencing with accuracy and efficiency
- Maintain accurate records and documentation in lab notebooks and electronic files
- Perform assay qualification, operation and performance validation specifications
- Troubleshoot and solve technical, analytical and equipment issues
- Operate instrumentation and equipment with minimal supervision and or guidance
Do You Have?
- MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, or similar disciplines. BS with relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience and IVD assay development
- Practical working knowledge and hands on experience with qPCR, sequencing (HTS, Sanger) and standard molecular biology techniques (RT-PCR)
- Previous experience in assay development and optimization
- Strong work ethic and ability to generate high quality work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, independent and a driving force of efficient execution
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Can-do, positive, upbeat attitude
- Familiarity of quality systems (e.g., GLP,GMP, ISO, etc.)
- Experience working in BSL-2 laboratory facilities
- Working knowledge of FDA and global regulatory guidelines
We are smart, passionate, fearless, focused and steadfast in our mission. If we're going to rewrite the rules, we have to work hard, and that means we typically work more than a 40-hour workweek. We do it because we love what we do, and we're working to deliver world class healthcare to the over 7 billion people living on Earth today. Our hard work doesn't go unnoticed; we were awarded the first ever XPRIZE for healthcare for which we are immensely proud.
If all of this sounds like it was written for you, we'd love to receive your application and resume.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!